TITLE: Clerk Typist II
DEPARTMENT: Children & Youth Services
WAGE: $9.80/hr, 40 hrs/week
LOCATION: Susquehanna County Building
REPORTS TO: Director of Children & Youth Services
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time, Union
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Receptionist including in-person contact and by phone; use of computer to input data, type and transfer case records, reports, forms, Court orders, etc.; filing; use of Fax machine, copier, printer and other clerical duties as assigned.
Job Application will be accepted until the position is filled.
Applicant must be willing to take and pass the State Civil Service test for Clerk Typist II.
Additional information about the test may be found at www.scsc.state.pa.us
Applicants must meet one (or more) of the following method(s) to be considered for this vacancy:
- Civil Service Lists
- Promotion Without Examination
- Voluntary Demotion
ELIGIBILITY – ALL CANDIDATES:
1. Meet the minimum experience and training required for the job:
Ability to maintain and complete records.
Ability to read, write and perform simple arithmetic.
Ability to follow simple oral and written instructions
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the public
2. Be a resident of Pennsylvania.
3. Be eligible for selection in accordance with Civil Services rules.
ELIGIBILITY – COMPETITIVE PROMOTION WITHOUT EXAMINATION ONLY
1. Meet the minimum experience and training required for the job.
2. Meritorious service; defined as (a) the absence of any discipline above the level of a written reprimand during the 12 months preceding the closing date of the posting, and (b) the last overall regular or probationary performance evaluation was higher than unsatisfactory or fails to meet.
HOW TO APPLY – ALL CANDIDATES:
If interested in applying by mail, please send letter of intent with a completed Susquehanna County Application of Employment to:
Susquehanna County Services for Children and Youth, 75 Public Avenue, Montrose, PA 18801 or hand deliver to Michelle R. Graziano, MSW, Director, SCSCY, 75 Public Avenue, Montrose, PA 18801.
Applicants must also take and pass a Civil Service test for this position. To schedule testing log into www.scsc.pa.gov, and locate Test Announcement # 2005-568 for Clerk Typist II, Local Government # L0032.