The Mission Statement of the Susquehanna County Correctional Facility is established as follows:
- Susquehanna County Correctional Facility is part of the Criminal Justice System in Susquehanna County. Its primary function is to detain Inmates as ordered by the Courts in a manner which assures maximum possible safety for the public, the Correctional Staff and its population.
- The Facility shall provide a holding area for pre-trial and post-trial detainees.
- The Facility shall provide punishment of sentenced offenders through the act of incarceration.
- The Facility shall provide the opportunity for programs, treatment and interaction that will prepare the person for responsible community living. Among these programs are religious training and worship, education, recreation, work programs, and health services.
- The Facility shall be planned, developed, built, and established to meet the requirements of the United States Constitution, Pennsylvania Constitution and relevant Federal and Pennsylvania Statutory and Case Law.
County Correctional Facility
137 Ellsworth Drive
Montrose, PA 18801
Telephone: (570) 278-7166
Fax: (570) 278-7168
Vincent Chiaramonte, Warden
John Karakash, Deputy Warden
Christine Harder, Administrative Assistant
The Susquehanna County Prison Board consists of the Sheriff, County Commissioners, and the District Attorney:
Lance Benedict, Sheriff
Alan M. Hall, Commissioner
Elizabeth M. Arnold, Commissioner
Judith Herschel, Commissioner
Marion O'Malley, District Attorney