For printable versions of our guidelines, please click on the following:
- Clean, Dry Corrugated Cardboard
- Please, break down your boxes
- No wax covered material
- Clean, Dry office paper, magazines, soft covered books, newspaper, chipboard (cereal boxes, soda boxes, etc.)
- No wax covered material (i.e. No juice or ice cream cartons.)
- No Styrofoam or plastic.
- No food or biological contaminated material.
- No hard covered books.
- If you can’t tear it, we can’t recycle it!
- If you bring your paper in a plastic bag, please, dump out the paper and take the bag with you. Plastic bags can be recycled at many local retail stores.
Glass Bottles and Jars
- It Must be a Bottle or a Jar that once contained food or beverage. All other glass is considered a contaminant.
- Sorted by color: Brown, Clear, and Green (when in doubt – go with green!)
- No windows, no vases, no drinking glasses, no candles, no light bulbs, no plates, no room deodorizers, no ceramics, etc.
- Soup/Vegetable cans.
- No need to remove the labels.
Plastic Bottles and Jars
- We accept plastic only in the form of a bottle or jar.
- Plastic #1 bottles include soda and water bottles.
- Plastic #2 bottles include laundry detergent bottles and milk bottles.
- No food tubs such as butter, cottage cheese, yogurt or sour cream containers.
- No clear plastic containers such as berry containers or deli containers.
- No TV dinner trays.
- We cannot accept bottles that contained motor oil or antifreeze.
- Beverage and cat food cans.
- Scrap Metal Items accepted Monday through Friday 8am-4pm (excluding County Holidays.)
- All items must be approved by a staff member.
- Please, leave items in your vehicle and come in the office empty-handed. We will come out and assist you.
- Items must be primarily metal.
- All fluids (gas, oil, etc.) must be removed from items.
- No propane tanks.
- There is a fee for items containing Freon such as:
- Air Conditioners/Dehumidifiers—$15